I love sharing my passion for olfaction, history, culture, and death positivity both through the blog and in person via talks, lectures, and workshops. If you are interested in having me at your next event, feel free to drop a line at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on booking.
I’m currently fully booked for the Spring and Summer but feel free to drop me a line if you are interested in having me present at your event in Fall or Winter 2018. I will make an announcement of upcoming engagements in the near future.
- Gender & Genocide: Women as Victims, Perpetrators, Bystanders, & Reconciliators Death & the Maiden: an interdisciplinary conference exploring the relationship between women and death
- Squeamish: A Look at the Philosophy Behind Modern Death Denial Death & Cocktails @ Life.Death.Whatever
- Protracted Refugee Situations affect on the East Mediterranean Refugee Crisis. Human Insecurity, State Fragility and Complex Humanitarian Crises in the Mediterranean Workshop @ The Van Leer Institute
- That talk can be viewed here
I am a regular contributor to Death and the Maiden and my writing shows up around the web from time to time. Here is a selection of my favourite work you won’t find on the blog.
Death and the Maiden
- Silent Sisters: Caring for the dead in gendered religious space
- Strengthen Your Sense of Smell While Contemplating Your Doom
- Tubercular Venus: When the Beauty Standard was Dying
Order of the Good Death
Offbeat Life & Home
- 5 things you can do to join the Death Positivity movement and value life more
- How to talk about death when no one else wants to
Other places you can find me on the internet
- Death Salon with Nuri McBride by I Heart Dead Things Podcast
- Debunking the Myth of 19th-Century ‘Tear Catchers’ by Sonya Vatomsky
- A fascinating turn of events in my research on the women of the Golden Dawn by Shai Ferraro
Things I support/ am a member of